This is my completed Row by Row quilt and it was the first one received at L&L Yard Goods in Madison, IN. I was glad a local store was where I could turn it in.
Below is a baby quilt made for a friend's newest grand baby. We found the backing fabric in Rockville at the variety store. I found more fabrics from the same line at The Stitching Post in Washington, IN. The quilting has the baby's initials in one of the rows.
The picture above is of the backing of the quilt. I had called Mel to ask him about his thoughts on pistols and Remington in particular. Since this fabric at Scrappy Patches in Brownstown, IN was manly and the shades worked well with the Lakeside Gatherings that is on the front of the quilt. The quilt was a surprise and a thank you for our visit to his camp this summer.
Clothesline tote. UFO finished this morning. I made the bag in a class offered by The Stash, I think, at the Bluegrass Quilt Festival about three years ago. Finally finished up the handles last night and this morning. I just had to add a couple loops and attach it. I loved it before with just one loop but oh so much more useful now. Kit liked to crawl in and nap. Not sure will fit now.
Two months ago at Washington County Piecemakers Quilt Guild, we exchanged ugly fabric. We each brought a piece of ugly fabric to guild meeting. Afterward we stood in a circle and passed the fabric piece to the right for awhile, then to the left a bit. When switching direction we were told to split the fabric piece in half. and keep one half and pass the rest when the "music" started again.
Below is the backside of my project.
Of course, I waited until the night before the meeting to prepare my entry.
I selected the pattern: Simple Pleasure by Nicole Chambers-Kaya at Tiger Lily Press.
I had four fabrics and each of them had to be visible on the front of the project.
The picture below is the backing, and the little square on the left corned shows all four fabrics.
Below is the front.
All four fabrics are on the front. The bright stripe is showing on two horse harnesses.
I was happy not to add those fabrics to my stash. I can use the backside of the runner easily. The front side....not so much.
Ann Laurer designed Fire And Ice and was published in Fons and Porters, May/June 2015 of Quilting Quickly.
After doing the small bargello shown in the prior post, I thought I was done with bargello at least for a bit.
A group of ladies from Southern IN get together to sew typically once a month at least in the summer. And Beth saw this pattern and showed it to us. Everyone seemed to like the idea....so it was off to search out the publication. Thanks Jackie for finding them for us.
Then there were those 20 fabrics to find. not 12 or 10 or 15...20 fabrics.
Now some of our group is talented enough to take those smaller numbers and come out with a beautiful arrangement that captures all the variations that show up in the original pattern... I am not one of those. So with the aide of several very talented ladies at Scrappy Patches Quilt Shop in Brownstown, we found 20 fabrics. Yeah.
The pattern was written very well and I after listening to the others that had already completed their quilt tops I went very slowly through the steps and was very happy not to need to rip any long seams to achieve my goal.
Thanks to the gals for the inspiration, prodding, and encouragement.
Loved it after it was finished. I am even looking at some more complicated designs...just thinking about them for the time being.